Announcing Earth USA 2015
Earth USA 2015 is the Eighth International Conference on Architecture and Construction with Earthen Materials initiated by Earth USA. The conference organizer is Adobe in Action.
The formal conference will take place from Friday, October 2 to Sunday, October 4, 2015 in Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA. Sunday afternoon and Monday, October 5th will be dedicated to tours of local earthbuilding sights of interest. The conference will be held at the New Mexico Museum of Art in the St. Francis Auditorium (107 West Palace Avenue, Santa Fe, NM 87501). Earth USA 2015 indicates a wider field of interest than previous conferences and will include adobe, rammed earth, compressed earth block (CEB) and monolithic adobe (cob). Any material or method that uses clay as a binder will be considered.
Overview of Important Call for Paper Dates for Earth USA 2015
- Call for papers opens: Friday, November 14th, 2014
- Online abstract submission form opens: Friday, January 30th, 2015
- Online abstract submission form closes: Friday, April 10, 2015
- Presenter acceptance notifications: Friday, May 22, 2015
- Full papers due: Friday, Aug 21, 2015
- Earth USA 2015 presentation dates: Fri, Sat, Sun - October 2, 3 & 4, 2015
Tentative Earth USA 2015 Activities
- Three days of podium presentations and poster sessions on topics related to the current state of architecture and construction with earthen materials (Friday, October 2 to Sunday, October 4, 2015).
- Tours to local earthbuilding sites of interest in and around Santa Fe, New Mexico on Sunday afternoon (October 4) and Monday and Tuesday, October 5 & 6, 2015.
- Pre-conference earthbuilding workshops are being planned by Adobe in Action for the week leading up to the conference. Additional post-conference workshops will be held by third-party organizations throughout the month of October.
Are you an AIA member architect?
24 AIA/CES credits (LU|HSW) will be available for Earth USA 2015! Adobe in Action (the official organizer of Earth USA 2015) is an Approved Continuing Education Systems Provider through the American Institute of Architects (AIA). More details about receiving AIA/CES credits for Earth USA 2015 can be found here.