Announcing Earth USA 2017
Earth USA 2017 is the Ninth International Conference on Architecture and Construction with Earthen Materials initiated by Adobe in Action.
The formal conference will take place from Friday, September 29 to Sunday, October 1, 2017 in Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA. The conference is being held in the Alhambra Theater of the Santa Fe Scottish Rite Center (463 PASEO DE PERALTA SANTA FE, NM 87504). Earth USA 2017 indicates a wider field of interest than previous conferences and includes adobe, rammed earth, compressed earth block (CEB) and monolithic adobe (cob). Any material or method that uses clay as a binder is considered.
Earth USA 2017 Activities
- Three days of podium presentations and poster sessions on topics related to the current state of architecture and construction with earthen materials (Friday, September 29 to Sunday, October 1, 2017).
- Friday evening Speaker Meet & Greet for all conference attendees sponsored by The Earthbuilders' Guild.
- Tours to local earthbuilding sites of interest in and around Santa Fe, New Mexico on Sunday afternoon (October 1) and Monday, October 2, 2017.
- Pre and post-conference earthbuilding workshops are being planned by Adobe in Action for late September and early October.
Overview of Important Deadlines for Earth USA 2017
- Call for papers and online abstract submission form opens: December 1, 2016
- Call for papers ends and online abstract submission form closes: February 3, 2017
- Notification of speaker acceptance: by April 16, 2017
- Online conference registration opens: May 1, 2017
- Full papers due: by June 30, 2017
24 AIA/CES credits (LU|HSW) will be available for Earth USA 2017. Adobe in Action (the official organizer of Earth USA 2017) will be an Approved Continuing Education Systems Provider through the American Institute of Architects (AIA) in 2017.